Last Thursday saw Maguire Family Law host their fourth Charity Luncheon at Gaucho, one of Manchester’s finest and most exquisite venues and raise an astonishing £10,000.
We were absolutely delighted to welcome over 150 guests to enjoy a superb three-course Argentinian meal, hilarious entertainment by award winning comedian Rory O’Hanlan and to soak up the simply stunning surroundings.
This year, we wanted to help not one, but two, very important charities – the iMRI Scanner Appeal and The Toy Appeal.
iMRI Scanner Appeal
The iMRI Scanner Appeal is a bid to raise £4 million to purchase state-of-the-art intra-operative Magnetic Resonance Imaging (iMRI) equipment which will revolutionise surgical care at Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital. Click here for a short video to explain the amazing work that the RMCH is doing and why the iMRI is so crucial.
The Toy Appeal
The Toy Appeal is now on its’ 6th year of operating. It is a truly inspiring charity which was set up Dee and Chris Drake. Dee and Chris, alongside a number of volunteers, spend their Christmas periods collecting, packing and delivering toys, books, games, puzzles, toiletries and more to underprivileged children aged 0-17. Between 2013 and 2019, The Toy Appeal have made Christmas Day very special for over 11,000 children across the North West of England. See their website link here.
We cannot express how grateful we are to all of our wonderful guests who joined us on Thursday.
Alongside our fabulous guests, we want to extend very special thanks to the following:
- Gaucho, Manchester – Aaron’s attention to detail, organisation and calm approach was incredible. We cannot express our thanks to him and the rest of the Gaucho team enough for their superb efforts and for making sure every detail was perfect. We were treated to the stunning voice of Ellysse Mason and her band.
- Lift Financial and Realm Recruit – We simply couldn’t have done this without our fabulous sponsors – you made the whole event possible and we are beyond grateful.
- Rory O’Hanlan – What a laugh we had! We absolutely loved watching Rory’s comedy performance, he was hilarious. The room was filled with laughter and smiles throughout and it made us so proud.
- The Drawing Room Creative – Thank you so much to Simon and Rob for all of our gorgeous digital artwork. The invitations, prize lists, menus, table plans and banners were absolutely perfect.
- All of our wonderful supporters – Lift Financial, Restaurant Mana, King St Townhouse, Sacha Lord, San Carlo, Terence Paul, Gusto, Deans Court Chambers, Cracking Wine, People’s Choice Wine Awards, Dr Sally Harris, Cath Tyldesley, Slaters, Floral Image, Shope4Shades, 381Footcare, Moneypenny, Gaucho, Manchester Arena and James Maguire Photography. We were blown away by how generous everybody was in contributing to our raffle and auction, you have truly made a difference.
- Our amazing team! – From selecting the venue, the food and the entertainment to folding leaflets, decorating the room, sending out the invitations and greeting the guests, we cannot thank our team enough.
- The biggest thanks, however, goes to Eimear Maguire, James Maguire and Katie Anderson for their sheer hard work. They have put countless hours into making this event a success and they should be extremely proud of themselves. Their attention to detail and dedication was phenomenal and was a reminder of how incredibly lucky we are to have them.
Words cannot describe how happy we are to have raised such a huge amount of money for our inspirational charities. Part of our ethos here at Maguire Family Law is to give back to the community and help to raise awareness of issues that our society continues to face year in year out and once again, our Charity Luncheon has helped us to achieve that.
Bring on 2020!
For specialist advice on any family law related issue contact Maguire Family Law by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: