The most significant increase is the fee to start a divorce which increases from £340 to £410.
A summary of the changes to the family law fees are as follows:
• To apply for a decree of divorce, nullity dissolution increases from £340 to £410.
• To apply to proceed with an amended application for matrimonial or civil partnership order increases from £90 to £95.
• To file an answer to an application for a matrimonial or civil partnership order increases from £230 to £245.
• To apply in defended divorce proceedings for decree nisi, conditional order, a decree of judicial separation or a separation order increases from £45 to £50.
• To apply on notice for a financial order increases from £240 to £255.
• To apply for a non-molestation or occupation order increases from £70 to £75.
• To apply for orders in relation to children to include parental responsibility, contact, residence, specific issue, prohibited steps increases from £200 to £250.
However, not all fees increase:
• To apply without notice or by consent, the fee remains at £45; and
• To apply on notice has actually reduced from £90 to now £80.
As with the most significant change being the fee to apply for a divorce (increasing from £340 to £410) the additional fee to obtain the decree absolute (the final divorce order) is no longer payable (where the petitioner had paid the now higher fee of £410).
James Maguire & Co is a specialist firm of Family Law and Divorce Law solicitors based in Wilmslow, Cheshire. We offer legal advice to parties going through a divorce including the financial issues which flow from this and children matters including child maintenance.
We can also advise on Schedule1 Children Act 1989 applications.
We advise clients in the Wilmslow area and also to the surrounding areas of Alderley Edge, Bramhall, Hale, Altrincham, Manchester and the North West. We are also able to act for clients nationally and internationally subject to the jurisdiction of England and Wales. For advice please contact James Maguire by telephone +44 (0) 1625 529456 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org